Skip to main content
- Is there a limit to the total number of registrants? Yes! Our in-person capacity for the 2022 Allegheny Ukulele Soirée is 150 attendees. There is no limit to the number of virtual attendees.
- How much does it cost to attend the Allegheny Ukulele Soirée? We have simplified pricing for the 2022 Soirée. We are
only offering full-weekend registrations (virtual or in-person) which will cost $100. No Early Bird, no Late Pricing. Update! We are now offering Saturday & concert-only passes, along with a non-player pass!
- Where is the Soirée being held? The 2022 Soirée will be held at the Altoona Grand Hotel in Altoona, PA.
- When and how do I register? Registration opens December 1st! After filling out an online form, you will be redirected to our ticketing partner; there you will be able to pay for your registration and any add-on items you may want.
- Will there be any on-site registration? Not this year - due to the ongoing risks with COVID-19 we felt it best that we limit the number of people in attendance. This means that all attendees must pre-register for the event.
- Can I take just one or two workshops? You are welcome to take as many workshops as you would like. If you take one workshop in each time slot, you will be able to fit in at least six of them. That said, we have a lot of other fun things running concurrently, so feel free to skip a time slot if you don't see a workshop that suits your fancy.
- What ages and skill levels of players can participate? The Soirée is geared to players of age 13+ and of all skill levels.
- Can my non-player partner/friend attend?
Due to our COVID-19 restrictions, we are unfortunately unable to accommodate non-players at a discounted rate. Everyone will be required to pre-register at the regular pricing. Update! We are now offering Saturday & concert-only passes, along with a non-player pass!
- Can I get extra concert tickets?
Due to our COVID-19 restrictions, we are not offering concert-only tickets this year. Everyone will be required to pre-register at the regular pricing. Update! We are now offering Saturday & concert-only passes, along with a non-player pass!
- I don’t know how to play yet but I want to learn. Is it worth it for me to come to the Allegheny Ukulele Soirée? Yes! There will be several beginner and skill-neutral workshops where you could get started with the ukulele. You'd also get to see and hear talented musicians with the capacity to inspire you to reach to the heights of your musical abilities. And you'd meet and get to know other players who share a passion for the ukulele! Ukuleles will also be available for purchase from several of our fine vendors to get you started on your journey.
- Can I make donations to the Allegheny Ukulele Kollective? Of course! The Allegheny Ukulele Kollective is 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible and benefit our uke club, our annual uke festival, and our educational programs. Donations of any amount are accepted. There will be a donations jar at the registration table if you're inclined to contribute.
- Will there be food to purchase at the Soirée? The Altoona Grand Hotel hosts three on-site restaurants, the Laurel Room, the Grouse's Nest, and the Tropical Courtyard. There are also several nearby restaurants. During our meal breaks, you're welcome to eat anywhere you'd like.
- Why isn't there a dining package this year? We looked at our various options and found that for attendees staying at the Altoona Grand Hotel, it would actually be more expensive for us to offer a package than it would be for our attendees to eat at the onsite restaurants. There is also a complimentary breakfast for those staying at the hotel.
We will be holding both of our open mic sessions in the Grouse's Nest during our Saturday lunch and dinner breaks, so everyone will still be able to get together for the camaraderie that we are known for!
- Is the Altoona Grand Hotel handicap-accessible? Yes! All of our session spaces are on the same floor, and within the same wing of the hotel. If staying at the Altoona Grand Hotel, please inquire about handicap-accessible rooms when making your reservation.
- I am interested in staying on-site. What are my options? Awesome! We have reserved a block of 50 rooms at the Altoona Grand for $90/night which includes a complimentary breakfast along with other amenities. You must call the hotel at 814-946-1631 (by 3/29/2022) to secure this rate. If you'd prefer a different hotel, there are many located nearby.
- Is there WIFI available? Yes! There is free WiFi throughout the hotel and conference center.
- Will there be printed copies of the workshop handouts? All workshop handouts and songbooks will be in digital format and will be e-mailed to our attendees; it will be the responsibility of each person to print (or bring along) the needed materials for the appropriate workshops. We will not be able to provide printed copies this year.