Skip to main content
- Is there a limit to the total number of registrants? Yes! Our in-person capacity for the 2023 Allegheny Ukulele Soirée is 200 attendees.
- How much does it cost to attend the Allegheny Ukulele Soirée? The early-bird price is $100 and includes both concerts, all the workshops, open mic, and jams. Beginning February 1st, the regular price of the festival is $125.
We are offering a limited number of Day Passes (valid either Saturday or Sunday) for $65. These will go on sale in February. Day Passes give you full access to all workshops and performances (if applicable) on that day.
For beginners, we offer a series of Beginner Workshops to get you started! Includes the Saturday evening concert, all for $30.
- Where is the Soirée being held? The 2023 Soirée will be held at the Altoona Grand Hotel in Altoona, PA.
- When and how do I register? Registration opens December 1st! After filling out an online form, you will be redirected to our ticketing partner; there you will be able to pay for your registration and any add-on items you may want.
- Will there be any on-site registration? Most likely, yes! Depending on capacity, we will allow walk-in registrations both for the concerts and for the workshops.
- Can I take just one or two workshops? You are welcome to take as many workshops as you would like. If you take one workshop in each time slot, you will be able to fit in at least six of them. That said, we have a lot of other fun things running concurrently, so feel free to skip a time slot if you don't see a workshop that suits your fancy.
- What ages and skill levels of players can participate? The Soirée is geared to players of age 13+ and of all skill levels.
- Can my non-player partner/friend attend?es! We now offer a few different ways for your non-player partner/friend to participate
- Concert Only Option: Purchase concert tickets for the evening(s) your partner/friend wants to attend!
- Attendant Option: If you have an attendant or are an attendant for someone who will not be playing, but must stay with you, the fee for this is $10. Concert tickets must be purchased separately.
- There is no fee for a partner/friend to accompany you to the festival, but not participate in the workshops or concerts.
- Can I get extra concert tickets? Yes! Beginning in February, we will offer a limited number of stand-alone concert tickets for both the Saturday & Friday evening concerts
- I don’t know how to play yet but I want to learn. Is it worth it for me to come to the Allegheny Ukulele Soirée? Yes! There will be several beginner and skill-neutral workshops where you could get started with the ukulele. You'd also get to see and hear talented musicians with the capacity to inspire you to reach to the heights of your musical abilities. And you'd meet and get to know other players who share a passion for the ukulele! Ukuleles will also be available for purchase from several of our fine vendors to get you started on your journey.
- Can I make donations to the Allegheny Ukulele Kollective? Of course! The Allegheny Ukulele Kollective is 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible and benefit our uke club, our annual uke festival, and our educational programs. Donations of any amount are accepted. There will be a donations jar at the registration table if you're inclined to contribute.
- Will there be food to purchase at the Soirée? The Altoona Grand Hotel hosts three on-site restaurants, the Laurel Room, the Grouse's Nest, and the Tropical Courtyard. There are also several nearby restaurants. During our meal breaks, you're welcome to eat anywhere you'd like.
- Why isn't there a dining package this year? We looked at our various options and found that for attendees staying at the Altoona Grand Hotel, it would actually be more expensive for us to offer a package than it would be for our attendees to eat at the onsite restaurants. There is also a complimentary breakfast for those staying at the hotel.
We will be holding both of our open mic sessions in the Grouse's Nest during our Saturday lunch and dinner breaks, so everyone will still be able to get together for the camaraderie that we are known for!
- Is the Altoona Grand Hotel handicap-accessible? Yes! All of our session spaces are on the same floor, and within the same wing of the hotel. If staying at the Altoona Grand Hotel, please inquire about handicap-accessible rooms when making your reservation.
- I am interested in staying on-site. What are my options? Awesome! We have reserved a block of 50 rooms at the Altoona Grand for $90/night which includes a complimentary breakfast along with other amenities. You must call the hotel at 814-946-1631 (by 3/29/2023) to secure this rate. If you'd prefer a different hotel, there are many located nearby.
- Is there WIFI available? Yes! There is free WiFi throughout the hotel and conference center.
- Will there be printed copies of the workshop handouts? All workshop handouts and songbooks will be only distributed in a digital format and will be e-mailed to our attendees; it will be the responsibility of each person to print (or bring along) the needed materials for the appropriate workshops. We will not be able to provide printed copies this year.